Emergency Medicine Jobs in Tennessee
Wednesday · January 17, 2018
1 Job in The Volunteer State
Photo: Gatlinburg at night, insulated by the Smoky Mountains.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Metro) is for a solo practice without partners and affiliations.
- This 150-doc private multi-specialty group seeks a full-time, non-tenure track Open Academic Rank / Physician who will provide care in the Emergency Medicine Department.
- As a result, this is a rapidly growing group with solid retention rates.
- This is a health care system that provides accessible, efficient, quality care.
- The hospital's emergency department is being designed as a model for high throughput emergency care in a facility with the only level I trauma center in the region.
- The primary service area spreads over multiple states and their hospital is home to highly respected Centers of Excellence including one of the busiest level one trauma centers in the United States.
- Current certification DEA number.
- The specific instructional role is flexible and will include a combination of direct teaching, emergency medicine services, resident advising, assessment of resident performance, research and other roles as determined by the developing needs of the College of Medicine.
- They are known as a leader in high acuity care in the community and they have been recognized as a Top Workplace by their local newspaper publication the past four years in a row.
- Their health system also includes a rehab hospital, and extended care hospital, a surgery center, a network of primary care and specialty care physician offices and outpatient services all throughout the city.
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Physician in Tennessee.
- An American Burn Association certified burn center.
- Neonatal intensive care unit.
- Enjoy Southern Hospitality in an international city with many different countries and ethnicities from around the world represented inside the city limits as well as their own world-renowned food.
- Board certification or Board eligible in Emergency Medicine required.
- Home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, culture, history, loads of entertainment, nearly 1,000 restaurants and countless outdoor activities.
- This is a vibrant and diverse city.
- Stroke, wound care, ultrasound, etc).
- This is an important priority for both the medical school and health system.
- The program they seek to develop includes clinical experience in a highly structured environment, residency teaching with very qualified emergency medicine house staff and research that will extend to multiple areas (e.
- Completion of an accredited residency required and sub certifications/training highly preferred.
- As far as cost-of-living it is one of the most affordable cities in the country.
- Add to that a great four-season climate with minimal winters and it's an opportunity that is hard to beat.
- It is a very collegial, laid-back atmosphere where physicians innately trust and respect each other.
- Working with this group, the local university has established the only emergency medicine residency program in the area.
- 2018 graduating EM residents encouraged.
- One of the main goals is to transform the emergency medicine physician workforce to the benefits of the communities, patients and trainees.
- Eligible for malpractice insurance.
- And high-risk obstetrics program.
- Current board certification in Emergency Medicine, or eligibility, is required.
- This position is intended for clinical faculty with an effort in teaching, leadership, innovation and clinical service in Emergency Medicine.
- Compensation is consistent with private emergency medicine services in the region.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago
by Gateway Staffing Solutions, Inc..